A quick and easy crispy flat bread come cracker recipe that you must have a go at! Sorry for being bossy but they are fun to make and great served as biscuits for cheese or used for dipping into hummus or just for snacking on at any time.
- 160g plain flour
- 1 heaped tsp celery salt
- 1 heaped tbsp dry fried fennel seeds
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or olive oil
- Put all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the water and oil and mix together to form a dough.
- Flour a work surface.
- Cut the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a sausage shape and roll out to 2-3mm thickness , sprinkling with flour as you go to prevent the rolling pin sticking to the dough and roll out into long oval shapes.
- Prick each side all over with a fork, making a dotty effect in the dough. Hold the end of the fork and bounce it over the oval shaped dough.
- Place onto the lightly oiled baking tray and cook in batches for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place onto a cooling rack, they crispen up more as they cool.
In this recipe the ciappes are being flavoured with fennel seeds and celery salt, but you can use other spices.Try making them with cumin seeds, caraway seeds or rosemary.
Use a fork to bring the dough together then use your fingers to pull it all together. A quick and easy olive oil dough for making the best crispy crackers.
I used to buy ciappe, now I make them! Have fun and let me know how you get on…. Have a great week end.