This roasted vegetable medley is easy and tasty! It makes a great vegetable accompaniment to the Panko crusted chicken and garlicky butter recipe posted earlier this week. It is also brilliant when added to cooked cous-cous, quinoa, pearl barley or frekkeh for the making of some great salads. The roasted vegetables also make a great base for a quick, easy and super tasty soup, just blend the cooled vegetables with some vegetable stock, heat up and enjoy!
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion, about 200g
- 1 courgette, about 200g
- 1 sweet potato, about 400g
- 1 stem fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ / gas mark 6
- Cut the vegetables into even sized chunks and put them into a large baking tray in a single layer.
- Add the olive oil, rosemary leaves, dried oregano and a little salt/ black pepper, stir gently to combine.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
Roasting vegetables really intensifies their flavour. It brings out their natural sweetness. The oil helps the vegetables to brown evenly, cook faster and prevents them from drying out. There is no need to use lots of oil, less is better, just enough for the vegetables to get a light coating. Add different herbs and spices to ring the changes like thyme, sage, cumin or fennel seeds for example.
Thank you for calling by, come back soon and I hope you are having a great week.